I'll tell you right off the bat, I feel like my education is never complete. And don't get me wrong, I love leafing through the pages of a book, but I'm very relieved that I don't have to walk to the town library to research every basic query.
Any question of mine - big or small - gets tapped straight into Google. Sorry, I'm that irritating person who pauses the film to research exactly where I saw that face before.
I have lots of questions. And when it comes to a technical process, the answer is usually delivered in the form of a video. So it comes as no surprise really that watching video tutorials has become a favourite pastime of mine.
Video tutorials are awesome because:
- They suit visual learners
- They make clear demonstration possible
- They demystify a process by breaking it down into simple steps
- Subtitles/transcripts provide extra clarity
- You can pause anytime, so you can process information at your own pace, or do a bit of further reading on the side
- You can rewind and repeat as much as you like
- You can multi-task while they're playing
- You get a good idea of the length/complexity right from the get-go
- There are usually lots of related links + obvious next steps
On topics ranging from 3d modelling to video editing and basic image manipulation, video tutorials and explainer videos have been an invaluable resource for me.
So when I see a useful list like this one from Hubspot, I'm always quick to bookmark it!
There's no doubt that Photoshop is an incredibly powerful tool for marketers. Photoshop has thousands of features, tools, settings, and shortcuts that have drastically changed and shaped graphic design and photo editing over the last few decades. With the sophistication of today's design capabilities, however, comes the hassle of learning and staying up-to-date on Photoshop's features. Whether you're a Photoshop wiz, a self-taught intermediate designer, or someone just starting out, there will always be more tricks and hacks to learn.